Skip to main content

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series joyride caught on video

Posted Apr 13th 2012 3:00PM

CommentsAdd

The Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series is a whole lotta car. Not only is the name a mouthful, but the 510-horsepower German rocket can be a handful too, well, in the wrong hands. This wouldn't be the first time we've seen techs or valets getting their kicks behind the wheel of a vehicle that doesn't belong to them, but it seems some employees at one Ottawa-area dealer didn't get the memo.

Our tipster claims that a couple rogue techs at a dealership called Star Motors (formerly Carling Motors) decided to take one of the 30 existing Black Series in Canada for a joyride. While we agree that some test drives of performance cars should be spirited enough to find performance-related problems, it's pretty clear these guys just wanted some kicks behind the wheel of $115,000 Autobahn assassin.

For over 8:00 minutes they negotiate the streets of Ottawa near the Hunt Club Road dealership, breaking all kinds of laws, risking property and injury in the process. The police would gladly impound this Black Series for some of these speeds, and MB enthusiasts would gladly slap these guys in the face for redlining the motor for so long.

Why any tech would post this on YouTube is beyond us, as they're are only asking to be fired. The Internet has moved in for some e-justice and MBWorld.com has been set ablaze with nasty comments on the matter. Not only did MBWorld identify the location of the dealership, they have also sent the video of the joyride (the original video was removed from YouTube) to Mercedes-Benz Canada and are hard at work trying to find the possible owner of the car to notify him of this travesty.

UPDATE: The video has also been removed by Mercedes-Benz Canada, but we've added a new video that features the same car on the same joyride from a different camera.

Check out the video with NSFW language after the jump.

Video Source: YouTube

Tip: THX Mikey!

Get updates from Autoblog Canada posted directly to your News Feed.

*0 / 3000 Character Maximum

7 Comments

Filter by:
j.schnurr

Hi Doug,
I'm a reporter with CTV Ottawa. I'm doing a story on this for tonight's news and I'd love to include you in the story. Could you call me at 613-407-7254? Your comments are balanced and fair and important to the story. Thanks.

April 23 2012 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
j.schnurr

Hi Doug, I'm doing a story on this for CTV tonight. I'd be interested in talking to you about your vehicle and how the dealership handled it. You've got a very positive take on this so I'd appreciate an interview. you can call me at 613-407-7254. Thanks.

April 23 2012 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

As the owner of this car, I must say, Star Motors handled this situation quickly and professionally.

I received a call from their GM and Sales Manager, informing me of what happened. Because of their response to this unfortunate event, I am fully confident in the dealership and those running it. I highly recommend Star Motors as a very competent and capable dealership.

As a business owner, I understand how people down the line can make poor judgement calls. It happens. What I do to deal with those situations is what reflects on what kind of company we are. Star Motors handled this very well. I am impressed.

Doug

April 15 2012 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
san3790277

hunt club is the slowest road besides merrivale

April 15 2012 at 7:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crackersoul21

As long as they get it back in the garage before Cameron's dad gets home.

April 14 2012 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maxime Provencher

Certainly, these technicians have not contributed to the public image nor the customer relationship of the dealership and the fact that they posted this video youtube makes me wonder if they have some kind of death wish for their jobs. However, let's not blow this event out of proportions and lets be real with ourselves. How do you realistically expect one to drive a 510 horsepower V-8 sports car? All drivers that ever owned, sold, repair/maintained or were closely involved in any way with this sort of vehicle in their lifetime have performed driving similar to what we see in the above clip at some point; even an off-duty police officer would be lying if he said otherwise-it this is the sole purpose of these cars. Beware here, this fact should not excuse nor encourage illegal driving; it is a crime and any abuse should be severely punished. However, I or any other person that is realistic will not agree with anyone that says there were reckless driving involved in this video. The techs respected all signs and stop lights and, if you listen carefully, you will even ear the cars' indicators ticking at corners. In short, I would conclude that these men remained responsible through this "small sin".

April 13 2012 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

We at Star Motors of Ottawa take this posting very seriously. Yves Laberge, General Manager and Jeff Mierins, Owner of Star Motors of Ottawa do not condone the actions on this video. Within minutes of learning about the recording, the two individuals involved were brought in for explanations and disciplinary actions. We also contacted the customer who purchased the vehicle and informed him of this incident. As a certified race car driver, he understands that power can make people do irrational things.
We sincerely regret the events that have unfolded today. An internal investigation into this matter has been opened. In the coming days, we will be revisiting internal processes and meeting with all staff to convey the absolute importance of this occurrence. We are committed to customer satisfaction and are prepared to take the necessary steps to provide customers with the best service possible and the confidence they deserve.

April 13 2012 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply